Sunday, April 4, 2010

In which there is a rabbit hunt

One of my favourite parts of Laminaria is the ridges that the 3 into 3 stars make across the shoulder section. To my eye, they almost look like the furrows of a field. And given that prevalence of new baby rabbits on campus (my university is teeming with them), I got a whiff of Peter Rabbit.

DSCN1767

Apparently I wasn't the only one. It seems that the locals have a bit of a rabbit infestation as well.

DSCN1773

DSCN1774

DSCN1772

"I've got one in my sights!"

DSCN1775

I dare say Jed, you might be out of focus on account of all that drinking!

Halfway through the Blossom repeats (4 of 8) unless I decide to add more. I don't think I can ever get tired of this yarn!

5 comments:

  1. I love those little dudes inhabiting your knitting.

    Your university used to be my university - in nineteen-ninety-hrm-hrm....it seemed like lots of rabbits back then then but by George when I drove through there last year (for old times' sake) I was amazed...I stopped to count them on the hill in front of the uni Centre - 35. 35 big delicious well-fed rabbits lippiting along, heading toward Ring Rd like lemmings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you wash that shawl! Lots of little rabbits leave lots of little droppings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing! I can't believe this hasn't been all over Ravelry yet, it's too cute!

    Have you put this onto stumbleupon yet? People would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!