Monday, October 8, 2007

A Knew Knitting Chapter?

The Tomten is now zipping along. I've finished one front and about half the back, and if I kepe putting off work tonight, I just might be bale to join for the hood this evening! (I'll grab some photos once it's more than a big hunk of garter stitch)

And is this not just beauteous? (and that spelling looks horrid, hmm)
It is Araucania Ranco Multy (colourway PT502, mrrrowr). At 344 metres, this just might become a pair of socks for *me*! I'm thinking toe-up (I hate to waste), with a reverse heel flap (always need to try out something new), and I might make up some simple patterning for the leg/instep.

IMG_4954

IMG_4953

I really do need to get a hold of a swift and ball-winder, because if this knits up as nice as it feels (75% wool, 25% polyamide) there might be more in my future.

9 comments:

  1. I definitely suggest getting a ball winder and swift. They are great investments. =)
    Great colors, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i use mine ALL the time. in fact, people come over to my house with shopping bags full of yarn just to use them. HA! and i thought they were coming to visit me...

    i love those colors, can't wait to see the socks they become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that yarn is soo pretty!! I think they have that stuff at my LYS. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there. That's a lot of yardage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful colour. You have such wonderful colour sense. I, for one, do not use my swift or winder. I love to wind each skein into a centre pull yarn and as the wool slips through my fingers, it becomes my friend. It is the start of a wonderful relationship that becomes, a sock, a sweater, a mitt, a shawl, or whatever.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love that yarn. i used it for a clapotis a while back. revers-heel-flap, you say? quite ambitious. i must google now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Gosh!
    Look at great sock yarn!
    Lovely~~~~ROCKS~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Really like your yarn! I've got ball winder which i use all the time and I also have a swift i made myself. I don't really bother with the swift much. I guess it depends on the person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty yarn! Also, swifts and ball-winders are fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with a ball-winder, and a swift. Hey, Christmas is coming soon, isn't it? A few well-dropped hints will do wonders!! Just leave a catalog laying around... perhaps a few items circled, getting a ride to make a special trip to the LYS to use theirs -- you know, just little things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!