Friday, August 4, 2006

Rip Van Dyckle

Yum. Yummmm. Yummmmmmm.














It really is nice. And at $13.50 a ball, the most I have spent on Yarn.
And I have 3 balls of it, just waiting to be turned into a hefty cabled scarf, as witnessed earlier. I dub this little mental jaunt "Beowulf".

























Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go fondle the yarn, err, sorry, Cast On, before I go to work (it is these random days that I get called in that have paid for this lovely red splurge). Also, for the sake of interest, should I go with a highly structured, symmectrical patterning, or apply a bit of chaos theory to the pattern repeats?

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic colour ... yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only hope to do it justice!
    And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is beautiful!!! i've never seen it before.... Chaos theory is always the best way to go, it hides mistakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, that yarn is absolutely LUSCIOUS!!! and great photos BTW. i agree with knitxcore. this yarn has that "rough around the edges" feel in it's appearance which would totally look great with some randomness. save the structured, symmetrical pattern for a much more "refined" looking yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Please include an e-mail address so I can reply privately!